- 1 boned chicken thigh (around 300 g)
- 20 g olive oil
- Cajun spices:
- 15 g white pepper
- 15 g black pepper
- 30 g onion powder
- 30 g garlic powder
- 20 g dried oregano
- 10 g cayenne powder
- 200 g natural yoghurt
- 1 egg (55 g)
- 200 g flour
- 1 litre of oil for frying
- 1 brioche bun (80 g)
- Garlic mayonnaise (50 g)
- 1 onion slice (35 g)
- 2 slices of havarti cheese (20 g)
- We first tenderise the chicken with the yoghurt in a bag, vacuuming it to 99%. We leave it to tenderise for 60 minutes.
- We then wash the chicken, dry it and place it into a vacuum bag with the olive oil. We pack it and cook it for 1 hour at 65°C. (1 hour in the core of the product from when the water in the tank reaches a temperature of 65ºC). Remember to insert the needle probe when working.
- After that time, we open the bag, remove the chicken, dry it and season it with the Cajun spices.
- We then dip the chicken in the flour, followed by the egg and then the flour again and fry it at 170°C until golden and crunchy.
- We warm the Brioche, add the onion, sauce, fried chicken, 2 slices of havarti cheese, melt it and serve.
The mixture of vacuum cooking and frying techniques can be a good option for achieving innovative results. In this way, we obtain a crunchy and really juicy piece of chicken.Chef notes