Sous Vide cooking consists of vacuum packing raw products in a hermetically sealed bag and cook it in the same bag at a precisely controlled temperature for a long time. After this, we can finish, plate and serve the dish or blast chill the product and preserve it.
- Minimum loss of humidity and weight.
- Preserves flavour and aroma.
- Highlights flavours and retains colours.
- Preserves nutrients unlike traditional cooking.
- Better retention of vitamins than traditional cooking or steaming.
- Very little fat or salt must be added to the product.
Organizational and economic advantages:
- Consistent results.
- Maximizes advance preparation and facilitates work at peak times.
- Low product shrinkage and accurate portion and cost control.
- Low power consumption compared to ovens.
- Cooking without gas reduces the ambient temperature of the kitchen as well as the risk of fire.
- Different dishes can be regenerated simultaneously without mixing flavors.
- Reduced cleaning times.
- Simple use and uniform and consistent results.
- The production planning allows for extending the menu.
There isn’t any doubt, this technique has come to stay.