To prepare the rice
- 50 gr of cream cheese
- Classic sauce (20 gr onion, 30 gr tomato, 10 ml white wine, 0.5 gr salt and 0.5 gr sugar)
- 35 gr of native mushrooms (picornells)
- 100 gr of steamed rice (round grain rice)
- 125 g of chicken stock
- 7 gr of fresh truffle
To complete the rice
- 10 gr of butter or Extra Virgin Olive Oil (to grease the rice)
- 20 gr of mahonés cheese
- 50 ml of cooking cream 15% m.g.
- 1 tbl of fresh truffle
- Make the free-range chicken stock. Reduce to ≤3°C and set aside.
- Poach the onion until it caramelises, add the tomato, evaporate the liquid and add the wine in 3 lots so that the saucepan is reduced 3 times. This way the result will be an intense sauce. Reduce to ≤3°C and set aside.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl until a homogeneous mixture is achieved. Apply the vacuum in stages in order to stabilise the liquid.
- Put the mixture into a vacuum bag and apply the maximum vacuum.
- Cook at 95°C (203ºF) in the SmartVide for 35 minutes.
- Reduce to ≤3°C and set aside. This way, a shelf life of 42 days is achieved and elaboration during service is simplified.
- Set aside until ready for use.
To complete the rice:
- To regenerate it, open the vacuum bag with the help of some scissors and pour the mixture into a saucepan. Add the cream, the grated cheese and the butter, keep the mixture on the heat and add salt and pepper. The rice is ready to serve up to your taste.
- Steamed round grain rice is used given the unsuccessful results obtained with other types of rices.
- It is very important to stabilise the liquid in order to extract as much air as possible and, this way, obtain the perfect vacuum for cooking.
- Picornells, Majorcan mushrooms.