Improved aromas, enhanced flavors, a better texture and a longer preservation of seasonal fruits thanks to sous-vide cooking
We have created a new video, where we show you some of the advantages of sous-vide cooking seasonal fruits and vegetables: improved aromas, enhanced flavors, a better texture, a longer preservation… the examples we show you are self-explanatory and we include a few presentation suggestions. We hope you find them useful!
- 300 g seasonal fruits or fruit of your choice.
Optional ingredients in amounts according to taste:
- Sugar (if the fruit is not very ripe)
Method of preparation:
- Clean the fruit well.
- Portion and place inside the vacuum bags.
- Add the optional ingredients to taste.
- Seal the vacuum bags and cook at 65.5º for 1 hour 30 min.
- When ready, remove and place in the blast chiller.
- Reserve in the refrigerator or use.
Important qualities of vacuum cooked fruits:
- A very special texture and a very powerful flavour.
- The fruit maintains a structure that allows us to have something that is cooked but with sufficient body to be handled.
- All the nutritional value is preserved from the beginning to the end of the preparation and cooking.
- The aromatization and impregnation of flavours is amazing.
- It is a very good method of conservation allowing the possibility of having a stock of seasonal fruit ready for use.
- Ideal for using as a garnish for white or red meats and of course for desserts or for accompanying these.
The vacuum cooking of seasonal fruits is also ideal for making: