For the garlic and rosemary infused oil:
- 70 g mild olive oil
- 20 g fresh garlic
- 5 g chilli powder
- 15 g thyme
- 25 g fresh rosemary
- 1 star anise
- 1 glass jar with a lid, 120 cc
For the focaccia:
- 1 kg strong flour
- 750 g of water
- 20 g table salt
- 4 g fresh brewer’s yeast
- 40 g vacuum infused oil
- 100 g cherry tomatoes
- 5 g fresh rosemary
- 100 g olives
- 20 g vacuum infused oil
- 5 g coarse salt
For the garlic and rosemary infused oil
- To prepare the garlic and rosemary infused oil (see other infused oils) we start by putting the oil and all the aromatics in a glass jar. We close the jar gently and pack it in the vacuum packing machine.
- Then we cook it in the SmartVide sous-vide cooker for 60 minutes at 45 ºC.
For the focaccia
- In a bowl, we dissolve the yeast in the water and add the flour, salt and 40g of the infused oil. We mix it with a spatula until thoroughly combined. We knead it for 5 minutes with the help of the spatula until we have an even consistency. We cover it and leave it to rest for 30 minutes.
- After the first fermentation, we fold the dough, pulling the sides into the centre until we obtain a smooth and elastic texture. We leave it to prove for 4 hours at room temperature until it has doubled in volume.
- We keep the dough refrigerated for 24 hours.
- We then stretch the dough to cover a pre-oiled baking tray. We press our fingertips into the dough gently to deflate.
- We cut the cherry tomatoes in half and place them on the dough together with the olives, 20g of the infused oil, the rosemary and the salt.
- We leave it to rest for another 40 minutes before baking it at 170°C for 40 minutes.
Infusions in a jar can be a sustainable way to work with vacuum techniques and reuse old containers.Chef notes