- 10 ml of olive oil
- 100 gr red pepper, green pepper and yellow pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 native crabs
- 3 Soller prawns
- 25 gr of cuttlefish
- 100 gr of steamed rice (round grain rice)
- 125 gr of Majorcan crab stock
- 7 strands of saffron
- 7 gr of fresh mange-tout
- 25 gr salt
- Make the crab and saffron stock. Reduce to ≤3°C and set aside.
- Lightly fry the peppers and add the garlic. Reduce to ≤3°C and set aside.
- Cut the fresh cuttlefish into cubes of 0.5×0.5cm. Lightly fry to evaporate the liquid they may produce so as not to affect the proportion of liquid in the bag. Reduce to ≤3°C and set aside.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl, until the mixture is homogeneous and vacuum in stages to stabilise the liquid.
- Put the mixture into a cooking bag and apply the maximum vacuum in stages. This way the prawn’s heads won’t puncture the bag and the liquid will be retained inside their heads.
- Cook in the SmartVide at 95ºC (203ºF) for 35 minutes. In this manner, the taste is extremely powerful and the rice is very healthy, given that we are cooking with minimum fat and there is no evaporation.
- Reduce to ≤3°C and set aside. This way, a shelf life of 42 days is achieved and elaboration during service is simplified.
- Set aside until ready for use.
To complete the rice:
- Open the cooking bag with the help of some scissors and serve to your taste. It is recommendable to accompany with garlic mayonnaise, Majorcan white pepper and baby radishes.
- Steamed round grain rice is used given the unsuccessful results obtained with other types of rices.
- It is very important to stabilise the liquid in order to extract as much air as possible and, this way, obtain the perfect vacuum for cooking.